Mr. Sushil Kumar Pant is the lead lawyer of Jurist & Company (Pvt.) Ltd, a general Practice law firm of Kathmandu, Nepal. He served as the Attorney General of the Kingdom of Nepal from 2003-2004. Senior Advocate Pant graduated from Nepal Law Campus and commenced his legal career. He later obtained a Master’s Degree in Comparative Law from Delhi University.In the process of further enhancing his academic credentials, he attended the South Western Legal Foundation at the University of Texas, Dallas, USA in 1988 and later obtained an L.L.M degree from Columbia University in the city of New York, USA in 1990.
He served as a law teacher in Nepal Law Campus for a little over two decades before he took an early retirement from Tribhuvan University. He was also recognized as a certified graduate from the Asia Pacific Center for Security Studies (APCSS) in 2005 for the completion of the executive course in Hawaii USA in the year 2005. He is now engaged in his Legal Practice in different capacities such as legal advisor of Nepal Film Development Company Ltd, Legal Advisor of major A class financial institutions of Nepal, international hotel chains, Simrik Air, Colgate Nepal, Kantipur Publication (leading English and Nepali national daily) and other various trading houses, semi-governmental undertakings, travel agents and international agencies. His student life was full of glorious academic achievements embellished with a host of extracurricular activities which are reflected by the following:
- Certificate of Merit and Silver Medal from the Faculty of Law, the University of Delhi, for standing second in order of Merit in M.C.L., 2nd Term-1980.
- Certificate of Merit from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, for standing first in M.C.L., 4th Term-1981.
- He has been associated with and served the following influential positions such as:
- Associate Member of Nepal Bar Association since 1978.
- Executive Member of Supreme Court Bar, Kathmandu, Nepal from 1979, 1980 and 1983.
- Executive Member of Nepal Bar Association, Kathmandu, 1992.
- Chairman of Lawyer’s Club Kathmandu, 1992.
- Nepal America Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 1995.
He is the founder board member of Til Ganga Eye Center, a NGO operating a fully fledged eye hospital and Intra Ocular Lens Manufacturing Plant. He has traveled extensively around the world, including India, UK, France, The Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, China, including Autonomous Region of China (Tibet), Germany, USA, Latin America, South East Asia and Australia.